Sales Manager Trainee (m/f/d)
Headquartered in Germany, this company is a global leader in the production of sustainable,
recycled paper and plastic packaging for the retail sector. For over 60 years the
family-owned company’s success has been based on innovation, dynamism and reliability.
They have pioneered the development of environmentally sustainable packaging solutions
for over 25 years which now form an integral part of the company culture. Operating in the
UK since 1994, they are firmly established as market leaders in their sector.
Due to their continued expansion, they are excited to offer a fantastic opportunity to join an
industry leader in sustainable flexible packaging solutions as a
Sales Manager Trainee (m/f/d)
About the role:
Reporting to the Key Account Director, you will be required to work closely with the Sales
Managers and Account Directors to support them in managing their key accounts and learn
what it takes to hold these positions. You will also be responsible for identifying and
winning new business as well as managing and developing customer accounts.
As the Trainee Sales Manager, it is imperative that you can offer an exceptional level of
service to both potential and existing customers through strong customer service skills and
effective communication with the manufacturing plant in Germany.
In return, you will be provided an extensive training programme in the production of paper
and polythene flexible packaging and company procedures. An integral part of the training
will involve spending time in the various production departments at the head office and
main manufacturing plant in Germany.
You will be on the training programme for around 1-2 years depending on how quickly you
progress. In this time, you’ll learn the ropes and take a step up to a full Sales Manager
position with the potential to earn commission too!
- Sales of bespoke packaging solutions: Sales support and expansion of product
ranges in existing retailer accounts.
- Acquisition and development of new customers.
- Assisting the Key Account Directors and Sales Managers in all aspects of account
management, including client meetings.
- Supporting the Key Account Directors and Sales Managers in the development and
delivery of new concepts to existing and potential customers through effective
communication and relationship building.
- Customer and competitor market analysis.
- Close liaison with the UK team and head office in Germany
- 1-2 years proven track record in developing and maintaining new business.
- Business degree or similar highly regarded but not essential.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ambitious and highly motivated with a desire to succeed.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels from production line to boardroom.
- Comfortable in a client facing role.
- Ability to learn the technical aspects of packaging production.
- Strong IT skills.
- Fluent written and verbal English essential
Bewerben Sie sich gleich online...
Lernen Sie hier Ihre zukünftigen Kollegen kennen...
Zurück zur Übersicht der Stellenanzeigen